Followers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

To you, From Bob Marley


I've never really been a fan of Bob Marley and usually these kinds of quotes about love make me roll my eyes in annoyance. But, for some reason, I kind of like what he had to say here. 
Bob Marley On How To Love A Woman
“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect - you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.”
- Bob Marley


“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect - you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.”
- Bob Marley

59 comments:

  1. I have this quote. One of my favs. Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the not being perfect part down pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this with Claire de Lune playing in the background was something magical

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn im definitely saving this quote, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best quote ive seen. Bob Marley has some decent songs nothing I listen to alot of though. But this quote... is epic win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this, now if only there were one from a girl's perspective on how to treat a boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second the eyerolling, I usually don't like this stuff either. But this was said by a man who has obviously lived not just read about life in a book, great quote

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha @cooperlife: I see what you mean, but I like this one because I think you can substitute all the she's and her's with he's and his. At least that's what I have done with it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, you should listen to BoB, hes was a serious poet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice post, i follow your blog everyday...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems his genius wasn't only about music

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makes me think the truth is relative

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool post. Like your blog following daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. If Bob Marley were alive, he would be President. Now he's a God.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very down- to- earth view on a relationship between a man and a woman. Bob would know, I guess. Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect quote for a few of my friends lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He was way ahead of his time. Great guy

    ReplyDelete
  18. he was somethin else eh? those lyrics are unreal

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Stuff!!! That quote is truely valuable

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this was beautiful

    Respect,
    Victor, member of PL Team

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know, in that picture Bob Marley sort of looks like James Franco.

    ReplyDelete
  22. bob marlry always has a space in my hearth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahh you Children of the of the eighties/nineties. Janis Joplin said about the same thing. "As we learned on the train man...tomorrow never fucking happens..."

    What da matter wit Bob man he was reggae to da worl' and let everyone swim in da pool.

    Tanx for lookin in on me!

    mark

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great man, so insightful. He'll never be forgotten. His lyrics are legendary, love this post

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow... love that sentiment.
    Thx for stopping by my blog.. love yours and now I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. you gotta admit... even though he had several species of lice in his hair, the man was a genius

    ReplyDelete
  27. I gotta admit. I never much liked his music, that aside the man has wealth of caring and intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good old bob, i'm listening to one of his songs :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. That hit me like a fucking truck.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I freaking LOVE this quote. He has a few good ones, that are really inspirational. This is definitely one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good quote! I really like Bob Marley :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. And that's why I'll never get a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Don't like his music much, but he is very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bob Marley's death was way too soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've always loved this quote, it speaks deeply to me. Most of his "love" quotes are pretty petty compared to this, they sound like some wacky thing he said.. this is different though. Keep up the great work!

    Travis Brockett
    www.baselineslam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very good article. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awful piece of information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend vimal, mumbai,i have read atleast 13 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your blog gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a million once again, Regards, bob marley quotes

    ReplyDelete
  38. fabulous and awesome piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend naveen,banglore, i have read atleast nine posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again,Regards, bob marley quotes

    ReplyDelete